Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Snapshot Prompt & July's Winner!

We have a new prompt for you this week, but first, we have a winner!



has won our first monthly blog hop contest. For the next month, he will get free advertisement in the form of a button over here at Chasing Revery as well as at Nicole's blog, The World of My Imagination. Congratulations, Randy!

Do you want to win? It's easy (well, easy-ish). Every week you write, you get another entry into the contest. For complete details, check out this post on Nicole's blog.

If you're more into visual art, we can offer you the same prize for your images. I have the details for you over here.

Now, on to the submissions from last week's prompt. It was a lovely picture that, as usual, inspired all our different views.

Daydream at Dusk by Scott Taylor
Tracks of Love by Randy Lindsay
Missed Rush by Leanne Sype
Murder at the Amusement Park (9) by Tena Carr
Dreams Lived and Forgotten by Yolanda Lane
Where Innocence Blossomed by Anne
Runaway by Carrie K Sorensen


If you are a fan of the weekly writing prompt and the writers who participate, grab a button!


writing, writers, blogs

Click and copy this code


We're almost to this week's prompt. Here's a reminder of the rules:

1) There will be one photo, and five words - both of those elements must be a feature in the brief story you create.
2) There is also a 500 word maximum.
3) You have until the next Wednesday to create your post.
4) When you have finished your post, come back here and link up below and let me (or whoever your blog host is) know in the comments that you have done so!
5) We were going to tell you to not take this too seriously, but reconsidered it because we know full well that asking writers to write something means that they will take it seriously. So, take it seriously, but don't fret/panic/pass out/hyperventilate/lose sleep/run in fear over it.



Here is this week's photo, taken by Kristoffer Sorensen.

  

And here are the five words generated here:

Skyscraper

Bet

Reform

Balcony

Surface


There we go! It's all about inspiration with these prompts, so let us know what you come up with in the linky below.

8 comments:

  1. I won. I won. I won. Now, I'm going to Disneyland. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm not sure it's that kind of contest, Randy, but send us a postcard if you make it. ;)

      Delete
    2. Shame on me. I forgot to say thank you.

      Thank you. : )

      Delete
    3. You're very welcome. :)

      (Of course, it really was the random list generator that picked you, but I did press the button to make it go.)

      Delete
  2. Well done to Randy!
    Just found your blog through Nicole's site and am a proud new follower - I have taken part in one of these writing prompts before and they are fabulous ... will hopefully get a chance to contribute this week!

    Happy wednesday!

    http://unpublishedworksofme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I enjoy reading everyone's stories so I'm glad you can join us. Thanks for the follow, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Carrie! I like these picture prompts you do with Nicole. It has helped get my writing juices rolling. Wish I could do it every week but work gets very hectic at times.

    Anyway, was just wondering if you got the link I submitted to my story because you didn't mention it in this post. Just in case you didn't, the link is here:

    http://anne-writersspace.blogspot.com/2012/08/where-innocence-blossomed.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I missed yours, Anne. I didn't see it in the linky. I'll get it added over here today. :)

      Delete

I <3 Comments