Sunday, August 19, 2012

Family Field Trips: Dinosaurs

A few weeks ago, we took Joshua to Cedar Point. There was a dinosaur exhibit there I thought he would love. He loved the dino dig in the sandbox, particularly since the worker helped him build a sand castle. The flying pterosaurs were cool, the herbivores were okay, but the meat eaters were a bit too scary for him.

Fast forward to a few weeks later to yesterday. There's a dino exhibit not too far from us for the weekend. I decided it would be great to go again. Maybe since he's seen them once, he won't be so scared. He was nervous at first, but quickly warmed up to them now that they weren't hiding in bushes, and there were a lot more kids around excited about them. It was a great idea, and I'm glad we went so he could learn that comfort.

What was that? Why yes, I do have pictures. :) A few, anyway. The kids moved around so fast, there were only so many I could actually capture. There is one other - a green screen photo of us disturbing a T-Rex nest. My mom has that for the moment so she can scan it in. I can try to remember to add it later.




Notes: The little guy in the red cap is Joshua. The cutie in the green overalls is Sebastian. The other children are my niece and nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments