Sunday, August 12, 2012

Family Field Trips: Hidden Lake Gardens

We went to Hidden Lake Gardens in Tipton, MI on Saturday. It was in the 70's and raining lightly, but it was still so much fun. We were able to feed the Monarch butterflies, see a "dinosaur" (a bearded dragon), go netting for pond life (we didn't catch any, but this one kid was absolutely amazing at catching frogs), went on a nature hike where the guide taught us how to recognize poison ivy and let us smell Sassafras leaves (original ingredient of root beer). There was also a scavenger hunt through the Conservatory, and you could choose a plant once you completed it. Joshua chose a bleeding heart plant to give to his Mimi, as I am allergic to all things that create pollen.

I was able to get a few photos of Joshua and Kris, but I was really drawn to the scenery. Kris thinks I should run them through the Creative Kit to really play with the color. I may one day, but I really like how they turned out naturally. So, even though I don't usually post on the weekend, I'm going to today so I can show you the wonderful garden we went to, carved out by glaciers 1500 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments