Friday, April 19, 2013

A to Z: Q


Quotes

The first of the difficult letters (for me at least). I had a few ideas, thankfully, but decided to settle on quotes. The idea wouldn't leave me alone and those are generally the best ones to go with.

Every time I join a new social network, or put together a new profile and I'm asked what my favorite quote is, I cringe. I don't have a favorite quote. Even the ones I've selected were quickly Googled and were the first to catch my attention. I don't see the point of having a favorite quote because there are just so many great ones out there.

Every time I turn around, there's a quote that makes me smile, makes me think, or helps to change my direction on something - for example, the Fred Rogers quote I used for the Wednesday Prompt post. Quotes are amazing that way - gifted people getting the words just right to stick in our heads and give us the 'Aha!' moment. How can you chose a favorite from all of those when our perceptions and needs are so fluid?

Do you have a favorite quote? Why? What's the story behind it? Not to criticize, but to try and understand. Because, of course, I believe there is a story for everything, particularly for something that becomes a favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments