Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A to Z: O


Outraged and Devastated

Leanne Sype suggested the prompt we put together this week be in honor of Boston. To be honest, I loved the idea, but I was not going to do it because everything I read made me cry and I didn't think I could do it. Until I saw this.


It corresponds with what I read a few days ago, a quote by Fred Rogers that says, "When I was a boy and would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.'"

So, I will put together a post with that in mind. I have found a lovely photo, though I believe it was taken before the bombings, it is open to many interpretations, not just for the marathon.

But first, some happier news. We have chosen the winner of our $25 Amazon Gift Card. Congratulations to


We are so thankful to each person who participates in our weekly prompt. Please keep coming back, or write for the first time! We welcome everyone and can't wait to read all the stories like the ones from last week.

Mystery Man by Quinn Nielsen
After the Gala by Scott Taylor
A Grand Surprise by Leanne Sype

Now, quickly into the prompt. We'll start with the rules.

1) Use the photo and the 5 words provided in your story.
2) Keep your word count 500 words or less.
3) You have until Tuesday to link up your post.4) Link up with your blog hostess (Nicole, Carrie, Tena or Leanne) when you’re done via the inLinkz linky below.
5) Have fun, don’t stress, let those creative juices flow.








The Words:

Threat

Vitamins

Summer

Quarry

Eating

Sometimes I feel like I should take a screen shot of the creativity games site I use to generate those words, just to prove they were randomly selected by the internet.

But enough of that, it's time to get writing. Make sure to link up below so we can all share in your talent. :)


4 comments:

  1. That is a really good prompt. No matter what the tragedy, there are always good souls willing to help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm so glad I chose this point of view for the prompt. I really couldn't have done it the other way. :)

      Delete
  2. So true about the Boston bombings. There were so many amazing people ready to help the wounded and scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were! All those lovely stories made me cry as well, but good tears, of course. I love it when people come together just because it's right. I wish it could happen more outside times of tragedy as well.

      Delete

I <3 Comments