Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Blogging Award!

*Note: All misspellings of Leibster to Liebster fixed. I think. ;)

I have been gifted a Liebster Blog Award by Anne at Writer's Space that I am so very excited about. Thank you, Anne!





Of course, I had no idea what a Liebster Blog Award was, so I found my answer at iScribble. The author of that blog says Liebster means dearest in German (Google says it means favorite) and that the rules are to tag 5 other bloggers who are up and coming with less than 200 followers.

Anne says I am to share 11 facts about myself, answer her 11 questions, come up with my own 11 questions, then pass on the award to 11 other blogs (with no limits on how many followers they have).

Of course, Anne is the one who sent me the award, so I suppose I should follow her rules. I think I'm going to compromise, though, and find as many blogs I love with under 200 followers to include in my 11.

Okay, so let's get this blog award rolling.


11 Facts About Me -

1) I turn 30 this year and am so excited! I've always secretly wanted to be 30. I guess because I associate 30 with adulthood, so it's like an "I made it!" coming of age moment.

2) My 3 year old was just put in intro to swimming class at our local pool. After a week in, the graduated him to Level 1. >>>Proud Mama.<<<<

3) My 5 month old had a 90th percentile head and 40th percentile body when he was 4 months old. We think he's catching up, but his poor head still flops every now and again. (Wait, does that really count as a fact about me? Oh, sure it does ...)

4) I do not like to wear make-up. I have super sensitive skin and man-made products can cause a bad rash. I do wear it on occasion, but I always wash it off ASAP.

5) I love dogs. Definitely a dog person.

6) The only comic books I've ever read start to finish are Manga.

7) I want a PlayStation 4 for Christmas. My husband says we have to wait until the bugs are worked out. I mean, really. What tech company doesn't test all their stuff before -- oh. Never mind. I still want one, though.

8) I'm very gullible. I don't always know when someone is joking, or if something is farce. I've learned to wait and see what the crowd's reaction is, just so I can say / do the right thing.

9) I thought I had lost a bunch of ultrasound photos of my youngest, but I just found them yesterday, tucked safely away in my wedding album. :P

10) For some reason, I'm more patient when I'm out and around people than I am at home by myself with the kids and dogs.

11) I do not like to cook. I leave that to my husband while I do the baking.


Anne's 11 Questions -


1) What gives you a lot of energy during the day?
Sleep. No, seriously. It works so much better for me than caffeine. If I'm too tired, I try to fit in a nap, then I manage the rest of my day.

2) What place would you visit if money or time were not a problem?
Santorini. Hopefully I would learn to Scuba dive first.

3) What is your most embarrassing moment?
The one that always comes to mind is in middle school. We were sitting at lunch, and my friend loudly announced that I would like my crush's oreo (meaning something else, of course). I think I was bright red for the rest of the day.

4) What would you consider your most prized possession?
My wedding ring. I adore it, even years later.

5) What is your worst pet peeve?
Eating noises - banana noises, chewing like a cow - basically, if your lips separate while you eat, I can hear it and it drives me nuts.



6) What is the ONE thing you CANNOT leave the house without?
My sunglasses. I have extremely light sensitive eyes, so I would not have a very fun day without them.

7) Do you have a daily mantra or life philosophy? What is it?
I guess it would be, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

8) What is your favorite time of the year? Why?
This is tricky, particularly since the seasons have been re-discovering themselves lately. I like warm days with a cool breeze or a cool day with a warm breeze, with just a few fluffy clouds in the sky, no matter what time of year it is.

9) Do you have a guilty pleasure?
Yes. I bet you want to know what it is, too. I love tween / teen movies. I cannot get enough.

10) What do you prefer? Flowers or chocolates (for women)? Tools or gadgets (for men)?
Chocolate. Dark, organic chocolate, to be specific.

11) Which book would you pick up at the bookstore? Self-help, Romantic novel, Sci-Fi, Poetry, Business?
Currently, a self-help book on how to keep my dogs from barking when I can't get up to re-direct them because I'm (insert activity) with the baby.


My 11 Questions -


1) What is your favorite movie from the 1950's or before?
2) Which band do you most wish would come back after 'disappearing' or retiring?
3) What is your favorite book that you don't think many people would know?
4) What song is stuck in your head right now? (Because you know I just put one there - sorry.)
5) How many animals do you have? How many do you wish you had?
6) What is your favorite type of cookie?
7) What place do you never want to go back to because it's so perfect in your mind you don't want to ruin it?
8) How many paces from your computer place to the fridge?
9) Did you actually have to count, or did you already know?
10) How old were you when you no longer believed in Santa Claus?
11) Did someone spill the beans or did you figure it out on your own?



Passed On to These 11 Bloggers -
1) Scotty Watty Doodle All The Day
2) Chessny Silth
3) Page After Page
4) Clouds and Daffodils
5) Confessions of Pixel and Ink-Stained Wretch
6) Laws of Gravity
7) Reading, Writing and Everything In Between
8) Landa-loo, Where Are You?
9) Jottings and Writings of Tena Carr
10) Official Website of Gina Marie Long
11) And ... I'm out of under-200-followers blogs that I follow (who haven't already received the award - trying to spread the love).  :-)

I think I've just run out of steam.

10 comments:

  1. I will work on this over the next few days! Sounds fun! Thanks for including me in the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not lie - it takes a while. :) And you're welcome. I think it's fun to read everyone's answers.

      Delete
    2. Update - I've finished my compilation (lol!) of this networking dealio! Since it took hours (& hours) to do, I'm using it as next week's author blog post at my site. I usually do one significant post on my author site per week. This will be perfect for it!

      Delete
    3. I know. It took me all day yesterday to get it finished. Of course, that doesn't mean you're done. Then there's the notifying the recipients of it. :) We'll see it next week when you post, then.

      Delete
  2. I too will work on this on this. Might take me some time. I am still without a laptop for the time and am having to share (aka grab puter whenever hubby asleep). I just got a new (to me) android phone, so I can get some stuff done, but still cant get all the stuff done I can from my laptop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know how that is. I want to be able to do so much more with my phone. Lol. Isn't it supposed to be for calling people? Anyway ...

      It's a lot of fun to put together, this award post. Even if it takes some time, I think you'll enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks very much for this. I'm going to try and get it done before the weekend, when I shall be getting married and having a week off from everything (except the new husband!).

    I'm glad to know my blog is being read.

    Thanks again, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, congratulations! I hope you have a great week together. :) With wedding on your mind, it will be interesting to see your responses.

      !!! Gush. I love weddings. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks (I think). I'll have to get to this next week. (I'm ahead scheduling all my posts lately.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. ;) I thought this award was daunting at first, but I had a lot of fun putting it together. I wish I could schedule my posts, but there's something bugged in my scheduling tool and it doesn't post even hours after the posting time. If it worked, I might actually write more posts ahead of time.

      Delete

I <3 Comments