Friday, November 16, 2012

Blog Awards and Randomness

This week has been a little off regarding my post schedule and I apologize for that. I have been unfortunate enough to be fighting the flu this week, which has in turn put me behind on a couple projects I'm working on. I'm just trying to get caught up while lingering flu bugs make me tired and grumpy.

However, I have been nominated for two blog awards, both from Tena Carr over at Jottings and Writings. She has nominated me for both the Liebster and Addictive Blog awards. I am very thankful and grateful for them. However, I'm going to break the rules a little bit and only focus on one. I know, I'm very sorry, I wish I had more time and energy for both.

The rules for the Addictive Blog Award:

Thank the person awarding you; Share a little about why you blog and how the journey started; Paste the blog award on your page; Nominate 10 other bloggers you feel deserve the award.


So, thank you again, Tena, for the award. This is one I haven't received that I've secretly coveted, so I'm super appreciative of it.

I started blogging last year (yes, I skipped announcing my blog-o-versary) because I started getting serious about writing. I was stuck, knowing I needed to improve, but not knowing how. So, I got involved with the fine people over at G+ and started a blog as a way to connect to other writers and even readers.

I keep going because I really enjoy it. I've met some wonderful people through blogging and have been able to join in a lot of fun projects. I can't say I have it 100% figured out yet, I have a feeling I'll always be figuring that out, but that's okay. I blog to learn, I blog for fun and for sharing and to meet people trying to do similar things.

So, here are some of the people I've met. I'm nominating:

Randy Lindsay @ Author in Training
Scott Taylor @ Scotty Watty Doodle All The Day
Nicole Pyles @ World of My Imagination - though Tena nominated you, too, so feel free to combine them. ;)
Anne @ A Writer's Space
Leanne Sype @ Writings and Ruminations - though Tena nominated, you, as well, so .... ;)
My Unpublished Life
L.T. Dalin (formerly Chessny Silth)

I had a few others in mind, but come to find out they don't actually blog, they read and comment. :) That put a smile on my face.

Well, that's going to leave me with seven, but they're all solid. Thank you again, Tena and thank you to everyone who stops by even in my unorganized, random moments.  <3

5 comments:

  1. Awards do come at the most unexpected time! Congrats on your award and thanks for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome. :D It's always nice to receive recognition and be able to give it back. These awards show me how tight nit even the blogging world can be. It's nice to be reminded we're not just sending out our words to nowhere.

      Delete
  2. I agree Carrie :-) It always feels good to know that others are reading what you write and that your not just writing out into empty space.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I don't always have the time to comment on everyone's blog, and a lot of the time I simply don't have anything to say or add. The awards are a great way of showing and sharing love to those writers, even if it is en masse. :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the nomination. I'll post about it next week.

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments