Wednesday, August 7, 2013

WWBH Prompt + A Sad Update

I missed last week, I know, but it was for a very good and sad reason. Chiaotzu, my nine year old boxer pup (they're always puppies) died last Tuesday. We got the phone call just before midnight Wednesday morning. He had some sort of allergic reaction that caused his breathing to suffer greatly and his temperature to rise dangerously. Though he appeared to be recovering from the allergy attack at the vet, he ended up going into cardiac arrest and the vet couldn't revive him. Sunday we picked up his ashes and paw print. It's been a tough week - that boy was my baby before my human babies came along. I'm doing better than I thought I would with his loss. It's a blessing to have my boys and the joy they bring.

I wasn't going to miss this week, though, not with a winner to choose! But first we will revisit the submissions from last week's prompt.

Cap't Monkey And Tooele Boy And The Impressive Building by Scott Taylor



is our lucky winner this month! Stop by next week and we'll have his button proudly displayed for the following month. If you would like to win, make sure you link up your prompt inspired flash fiction over the next few weeks and the next name randomly chosen could be yours.

And lucky you, there's a prompt right here to get you started! A reminder of the rules:

1) Use the photo and the 5 words provided in your story
2) Keep your word count 500 words or less.
3) You have until next Tuesday to link up your post.
4) Link up with your blog hostess (NicoleCarrie, Tena or Leanne) when you’re done via the inLinkz linky below.
5) Have fun, don’t stress, let those creative juices flow.

The Photo by Kristoffer Sorensen:




The Words:

passport

sunrise

carousel

travel

school






No comments:

Post a Comment

I <3 Comments