Monday, January 28, 2013

Please Allow me to Re-introduce Myself

I don't really think I did this a first time, come to think about it. It's never too late, I suppose. :-) And all this is inspired by the Please Allow Me to Re-Introduce Myself Blogfest, so there will be more bloggers than just me to meet or learn something new about.


There are three major forces in my life. My family, my writing, and my dogs (though the dogs come in a somewhat distant third). I share my two sons with you through Toddler Tales and Growing Pains. I try to get my family in with Family Fun and Field Trips, but honestly, it usually just becomes about the boys. The dogs sometimes get in there, through photos or part of a story. When we breed this year, they may end up taking a much larger roll and even get their own series tags. :)

It's much easier for me to tell you about other people than myself, so those post series are relatively easy. It's the photos I try to get to go with them that are a pain. I usually end up trying to re-create the event and get a semi-decent photo, but sometimes I'm lucky enough to get the photo for inspiration first.

Telling about others is also why I like to write. And in fiction, I even get to slip in pieces of myself without shouting to the world, "Hey, here I am!" On the blog, my writing is generally brought forth either through the Collaboration Challenge that runs over a few weeks, or the Snapshot Prompt, which runs weekly.

See? I even managed to tell you about myself through things, rather than directly. But that's kind of what it's all about for me - the stories that are created even while they take you there.