Thursday, March 7, 2013

Dizzy Me: Medical Update

I know I left you hanging, and I'm so sorry for that. The thing is ... I'm still hanging, too.


Hematologist: What's wrong with you is what's wrong with everyone - you're just more sensitive to it.

Cardiologist: You still have Neurocardiogenic Syncope (diagnosed with at 16 yrs old). Unfortunately, no headway has been made with the disorder since you were first diagnosed. However, as I have vision blackouts, but no actual faints, I show strong signs of having it under control.

ENT: Dizziness is brought on by migraines.

And I refused the medication merry-go-round. I won't do that to myself or my family again if I can help it, and as of right now, I can.


So, I haven't really learned anything new this time around. I am feeling better, though I feel like I can't get my mind focused long enough to really organize anything. I'm trying to stick to the smaller things - they're easier to get a grip on - and to relax as much as possible (which seems to be the one thing all doctors will agree on - rest is the best).

All I can do is keep plugging away and work though those dizzy spells as best I can. Really, it isn't much different from anyone else. :)